Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wetpaint made me change my 'alias'

I joined 'Wetpaint' in order to contribute to the discussion in SLQ's "Emerging Media and New Technology Wiki". My library alias (Beril) had already been used by another Wetpainter, so I had to become berril. I can cope with that.

The problem is: when I log in to the SLQ wiki, I am able to go to the members page, and from my membership there (#14), I can find the discussion I contributed to. But........if I don't go via the membership page and just look at the threads for the 'Sessions for 2009', without using the link from my membership, I can't see my posting. I know others can see my posting, because someone has commented on it. Aaaaaaaah!!!

I will have to consult the wise (and not at all ancient) Information Professional* at our library (*the new term now given to our Reference Librarians).

No comments:

Post a Comment