Sunday, June 28, 2009

RSS ......... a time saver, eventually

It took me longer than I expected to choose which RSS feeds I would add to my account. I eventually settled on fairly traditional news blogs ( The Australian & Courier Mail) as well as the Education & Hi Tech blogs from the Courier Mail. I chose these because I read the articles by many of these journalists in print format whenever I have the chance.

I love the Aussie Library Blogs list, from which I selected the YPS Librarians Blog to follow. I will investigate this list further when I have time. At least now I'll be able to find them both again via my Bloglines account. When I've refined my RSS feeds list further, it should save me time in accessing information to keep up to date with developments, particularly in Australian Public Libraries. I must say that I like the look of Google Reader, and the Google Reader Blog and may end up using that to access RSS feeds.
Many libraries appear to have created RSS feeds for customers to subscribe to. I can see that it is something that our library should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment