Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm not a Technorati......but I've found my Thing

My initial simple search of Technorati using 'bookmobile' brought up a range of hits, which reminded me of Google hits from the 3rd page of search results..... you know, 205 hits, and bits of anything & everything.

When I used Advanced search, and restricted it to blogs about libraries, there were only three hits. One of these was about the Rangeview Library in the USA which is dropping the use of Dewey, and organizing its holdings using a "system adapted from that used in the book industry". Kevin Hannah would love that.

I also tried the Australian term 'mobile library' in the advanced search, and limited the search to blogs about libraries. This search produced some results from Australian blogs.

My Library Thing catalogue is under way. It's interesting just to see how many/ few other members also own the same books. I love what Kingston Library has done, in allowing members to use Library Thing to personalize the library catalogue. I see myself much more as a Library Thinger than a blogger. Yep, I think I've found my thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment